Monday, July 9, 2012

Mini Ulta Haul!

Hey girls! Yesterday I was out and about with my older sister running errands for the later half of the day. She wanted to go to the bookstore and we have an Ulta right in the same shopping center as Barnes & Noble so while she was there I decided to run over just to "look" and somehow ended up spending over $100 at Ulta. I seriously have a problem that needs to be taken care of.

The first thing that I did was pick up a gift for Kristin! She's going to be Elle in a performance of Legally Blonde this Summer and I know I speak for all of us when I say that we are super proud of our little actress/singer/amazing-at-everything-friend! We were browsing the Benefit website and practically obsessing over the new Ultra Plush Lip Glosses. We told each other a few of our favorite colors and I got the gist of what would be the best for her. I picked up the Dandelion color to give to her after her show! Don't worry she already knows so I'm not spoiling it! When I swatched it, it was absolutely gorgeous and the smoothest lip gloss I've ever felt; a review of that will definitely be coming up soon from Kristin!





Then I was browsing the Benfit Box O' Powder's and there were a few I was really in love with, I narrowed my finalists down (me buying makeup is like a competition of the best products) and chose between Coralista, Bella Bamba, and Hervana. The winner for me was Bella Bamba! It's a gorgeous watermelon pink, "3D brightening pink face powder" and it stood out to me the most.




The next thing I purchased was one of those see it then realize you NEED it things. I spotted the Urban Decay Primer Potion out of the corner of my eye and thought "Oh I need a new one!" so I added one in the Original color to my bag. Not very exciting, but an important product nonetheless!



Now, I know I am a little late on this bandwagon, but I finally caved. I was trying to avoid even going near it, I was looking at Too Faced, Stila, Bare Minerals, perfumes, anything to stop me from seeing it. Then, suddenly, it crossed my path. Just a random display smack dab in the middle of the aisle. There it was, mocking me, staring me down. What was it you ask? None other than the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. To waste more time avoiding it I swatched both the First and Second palette and a lovely saleslady, named Samantha helped me out. She said that the colors in the Naked 2 would compliment my skin tone more and that she personally prefers it. So like I said, I caved, and I bought it. I am officially a part of the Naked 2 Club. Kristin's ever persuasive post also helped convince me, as well. Surprisingly enough though, I don't regret it one bit. I feel that display and I were meant to cross paths, and the makeup powers put it there for me to see. Well, either way I cannot wait to use this baby!




That's all that I picked up at Ulta yesterday, but today I made a quick stop at my local Harmon's with my older stepsister.While I was there I picked up some makeup remover wipes(I like them much better than actual remover) and 2 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain's in Rendezvous and Sweetheart/Valentine! I can't wait to try out everything I purchased!





Xoxo
Audrey
"As far as I can remember every dime I ever owned went to something extravagant. I would rather spend more, buy fewer items, and have them forever."-Rachel Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment