Monday, July 16, 2012

Perfect Red Lip

Hello Ladies!


I'm sure many of you have seen these types of blog posts before. It's one of the most common, classic makeup styles out there: Red Lips. They are worn by thousands of smiling beauty queens daily and it really is easier to pull off then you would think! And in this tutorial, I don't even use a lip liner! Now I know the quality of this picture isn't the greatest...but my camera broke, so I had to use my phone I apologize! I also apologize for my face...I kind of look like a pig with a very large snout...but that's ok. My nose isn't actually that large ;). The lighting isn't the best, but I made do with what I had. 


So for this tutorial I used only 2 things. My Bloom lipstick in Song and Dance and my Dream Matte Powder from Maybelline. Now you may be wondering....why would she need a pressed powder for a lip tutorial...well, THAT'S the sparkly little secret! After you apply a layer of lipstick, use any small eyeshadow brush and apply a thin layer of powder before applying the next layer. It makes your lipstick stay on longer, and makes it harder to smear! In the picture above I have on 3 coats of lipstick, with 2 coats of powder in-between. It made my lipstick stay on for HOURS! It didn't leave my lips feeling sticky at all and it actually added a little bit of a matte effect to my very shiny lipstick, which I liked. Before applying the lipstick freehand though, I did use a lip brush to outline my lips and make sure I stayed in the lines. You can still create a clean, crisp lip without using a lipliner. 


Enjoyed this look? Leave a picture down below on your take of this sparkly little secret, or any requests for upcoming blog posts! You guys are the best!


xoxo,
Kristin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment