Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Everyday Hair Routine!

Hey girls! Today I wanted to make a post about my everyday hair routine and just basically what I do to keep it healthy every day.

Let's start with taking a shower, I shower every day in the hot months and about every other day in the cooler months. In the shower I use the Tresemme Split Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner and I am so in love with it. I have very dry, wavy unmanageable hair and this makes it silky smooth and reduces my split ends and breakage! While shampooing I comb out any tangles with a wide tooth shower comb and then rinse my hair. Then I apply the conditioner and comb it through and leave it on for about 3-5 minutes and rinse. It's important to leave it on for a few minutes so it can soak in and nourish your hair. If you have oily hair you should not put conditioner directly in your roots, but I do because like I said, my hair is extremely dry. Now, I love taking cold showers in the Summer but I'm going to let you in on a sparkly little secret, rinsing your hair with cold water closes the cuticle which makes the hair stronger and prevents dirt from accumulating on your scalp. So it's essentially keeping your hair cleaner for longer. It also stimulates the nerves in your scalp which aids hair growth! Once a week I deep condition my hair using Matrix Biolage Deep Conditioner. You apply this to your hair for about 7 minutes and it really helps hydrate your hair.


After the shower I towel dry my hair and apply Tresemme Split Remedy Leave in Conditioner. I comb that through because using a wide tooth comb on wet hair is much better than a brush as the brush will cause more breakage to the wet hair. I also will sometimes apply my Moroccan Oil Treatment and Styling Cream, but I typically use that in the winter when my hair is dryer. Then I put it into 2 regular braids and sleep with them in.

In the morning I undo the braids and spray in Ouidad Botanical Boost spray to wake up my hair and make it feel fresh. If I didn't wash my hair the night before I will spray some dry shampoo into my roots, I use Got 2b Rockin' It Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo. Then I comb it and either leave it natural or style it.
That is all that I do for my hair and every step is important to me, or else my hair will be a frizzy mess! Thank you for reading and leave any comments below!





Xoxo
Audrey

“We're so used to seeing beauty outside all around us here. I want everyone to come in and see the beauty inside these artists' souls.” -Bobbi Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment