Saturday, July 7, 2012

June Favorites

Hey everyone! During the month of June, I bought and tried out a lot of new products! June was also my birthday month and some lovely ladies from this blog gave me some really cute (beauty related) gifts that i fell in love with!


BEAUTY FAVORITES
Essie's "Camera" Nail Polish- Perfect bright coral color for the summer! Currently, I have this polish on my toes, and it looks amazing! I even received a complement on the color while I was shopping! This is definitely going to be my "go-to" bright nail polish. It gives the preppy feel because it's a gorgeous coral, yet it is such a fun color for summer. I would definitely purchase this color if you see it! Also, a big thanks to Francesca for getting me this polish for my birthday!


Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain- I was on the hunt for this product as soon as I heard about it! I was at the drugstore and I saw them and HAD to get one! The color I have is in "Sweetheart/Valentine" and it is gorgeous. It's a bright, mid-toned pink with a beautiful shine. There are so many things I love about this product! Firstly, it gives you a shine when you first apply it, but as the shine fades it still stains your lips with the color! That is such a win I can't even begin to tell you. A perfect pink lip product that stains your lips for a sufficient amount of time! Secondly, this product is super moisturizing. I've been applying this product every day and I am always reaching for it because it almost acts like a chapstick. It's definitely not drying at all, and makes your lips feel great. Thirdly, the smell is amazing. Amazing. It is a light minty smell and I ADORE mint, so it's pretty much a perfect product!


Maybelline's Volum' Express Mega Plush Mascara- I adore trying out new mascaras, and after watching some beauty guru's hauls on youtube featuring this product, I knew I had to try it! I heard mixed reviews about it, but let me tell you-- I LOVE IT. The formula of this mascara is great and the amount of volume it gives your lashes is priceless! Haha, but seriously if you are accessible to this mascara I would definitely get it! If you would like a longer review leave a comment down below.


Bath & Body Works Triple Moisture Body Cream- Audrey gave this to me as part of my birthday present in the scent 'Sweet Pea"- a cult favorite! This body cream leaves your skin feeling silky, soft, and smooth. I think it's important to moisturize your skin all year round, but especially in the winter and summer. While you are laying out soaking in all of that vitamin D, your skin can become a bit dry because it is so dehydrated. As soon as I get out of the shower, I apply this body cream all over and it rehydrates my skin! Definitely a product I will be repurchasing.


Deborah Lippmann's "Sweet Dreams" Nail Polish- A beautiful glittery hot pink! I had this on my nails about a week ago and I really loved it! It looks really nice on in the summertime with tan skin (I know because of my sister....I am not tan yet! :/ ) The glitters reflect the light really nicely and I cannot wait to wear it again....maybe next time I will use it as an accent nail color with the rest of the nails being a light pink?? Hmmm....tell me in the comments what you guys think I should do! Thanks a bunch to Kristin for this polish!

Hawaiian Tropics Sheer Touch Clear Spray Sunscreen- I am a huge sun protection freak! Even though I love getting a gorgeous tan, I know that it's waaaaaay more important to protect your skin for the harmful rays! This particular sunscreen is available in SPF 30 and 50, and I have mine in SPF 50, but honestly as long as you have at least SPF 30 you will be fine! This sunscreen has an amazing smell-- think of coconut and tropical fruity air. It's wonderful! One thing that I absolutely love about this product is that it is a clear spray that sprays evenly!! So many spray sunscreens distribute unevenly leaving you with weird burn lines, but this one doesn't. It keeps me protected perfectly whether I am at the pool, lake, or the beach!


NON-BEAUTY FAVORITES
Favorite Song- I've really been loving ""Both of Us" by B.O.B and Taylor Swift, "The Fighter" by Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder, "Good Girl" by Carrie Underwood and "Drops of Jupiter" by Train. "Both of Us" is a super up beat song and in my opinion is perfect to listen to while you are tanning! "The Fighter" has definitely been on my top played songs. I listen to this song all the time, and it is always playing on my iPod. "Good Girl" is just one of those songs you fall in love with! It's perfect for going on a run or laying out by the pool....clearly a summer song! Finally, "Drops of Jupiter" an oldie but a goodie! This song has always been one of my most loved songs, but I've really been playing it during the month of June! ".....best soy latte that you ever had and me" will never get old!

TV Show- I'm obsessed with TV now I swear. School is out and I have had so much more time to catch up on my TV shows. Dance Moms will always be one of my favorites, as well as Pretty Little Liars! (You guys don't know how much I have missed that show!) Also, I just started watching The Bachelorette. I know, I am super late on that trend but I LOVE IT!! I am so glad that i started watching this show and I love Sean. #TeamSean all the way.


Snack- Gala Apples. I love them! They taste the best to me, and are super refreshing. I could seriously eat like 5 a day!


These are all of my favorites for the month of June! Leave in the comments below what your favorite products from the month of June have been, and don't forget... stay classy!

-Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment