Sunday, June 24, 2012

Get Naked....2

Hi Ladies!


I am SO sorry it has taken me so long to put up another blog post. Like Audrey had said, we have all been busy with school work and such, but it is summer now, and I have a lot more spare time to blog it up for you all! ;) YAY! Happy summer everyone!


So today I wanted to give a review on one of my palettes I have been LOVING so far this year. (If you couldn't tell by the title YES I am talking about the one, the only, Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay). I bought this baby probably about 3 or 4 months ago and have used it almost every single day! It comes with 12 gorgeous colors that allow you to make countless looks with never ending color combinations. I am not one to wear a green smoke eye to school or a blue eyeshadow on my lid, I tend to lean more towards neutrals *and maybe purples on occasion* because I am not as daring as some other guru's out there. :) But a neutral eye is something I love because it's easy to layer, and it allows you to feel like you have makeup on, without over-doing it.

The colors in this palette like I mentioned above are simply GORGEOUS. From left to right the color names are: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout. All colors are highly pigmented, and are very easy to work with. Every shade accept Foxy, Tease and Blackout have a shimmer to them, which is nice but limits when and where you can wear those specific shadows. I am a glitter person so I don't have a problem wearing Half Baked on my lid and Tease in my crease. I personally enjoy a little sparkle...which is why I enjoy this palette so much because a lot of the colors have a special glimmer to them. But to balance it out, these few matte colors allow you to combine and mix different colors for various looks. 

My favorite combination of colors is Bootycall on my lid, with suspect and tease in my crease. I blend it so it gives a little bit of an ombre affect into my outer corner and creates a natural smoke eye. If i want to accentuate it even more for evening, I blend a little bit of blackout into the crease to intensify it! But with 12 different beautiful colors, your combinations are endless! Each color seems to compliment each other and I love how smoothly they are applied to my eye. The shadows don't crumble, the formula is nice and you only need to use a tiny little bit to get the color payoff you are looking for! 

The best part about this palette? It's only $50! Which may sound like a lot, BUT when you think about it, you are getting 12 different colors, which divided by 50 is $4.16 for each shadow...FOR A HIGH END URBAN DECAY SHADOW...THAT'S SUCH A STEAL PEOPLE. Like go get you some...RIGHT NOW.They're great colors, with great pigmentation, that look great on ALL SKIN TONES! 

Overall I think this palette is a perfect go-to collection of colors that are great for either a subtle look for school, or a classy look for a fun night out!

Let me know in the comments below if you have this palette, and what your favorite color combinations are! 

xoxo,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment