Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Put a Ring On It!

Hi Ladies!,


Today's post is about one of my favorite pieces of jewelry of all time: rings! I can't recall the last time I haven't worn at least one ring on my hand every day. It's a simple and easy way to make a very cute yet classy fashion statement! Whether the ring you are bearing is a promise to love your significant other forever, or a bright pop of color to add to your outfit, these sparkly suckers are a must have in every girls collection! Now over the past 2 years I started to become obsessed with rings. Do any of you guys have that? You go through those little phases where you are obsessed with one thing so you buy that thing in every design, shape, size and color imaginable? Well that was the case with me and my rings. I LOVED them! Especially the daintier ones which I will show you later on. :)  Since I have very tiny, bony looking hands the daintier rings look a little prettier on my hands then a statement cocktail ring..but never fear....I have quite a few of those to show you as well! So, Let's get started!


The 3 rings on the left are my favorite statement cocktail rings. Ironically enough, they are all flower rings, but cocktail rings come in all different shapes and sizes. I love these because they're obnoxiously large and brightly colored which are perfect for a night on the town! If I wear a statement ring though, that is usually the only piece of jewelry I would wear. The ring itself is the statement piece and any other piece of jewelry added would overwhelm my outfit. 






First as a little disclaimer...let's not talk about my nails in this picture. I got them done at a salon near my aunt's house and the nail lady put this design on my nail without my approval...I don't hate it I just think it's so bizarre that with a light pinky-coral color she put black and yellow designs all over it...but WHATEVER! :) So this ring on the right I actually found in my local antique shop! I love how it looks kind of old fashioned, and I like wearing it on my thumb the most. It fits my thumb perfectly which is weird because my thumb is VERY tiny. But I love this ring and I think I got it for like $8 which is such a steal, I couldn't say no!




This ring is not one that i typically wear a lot, but it has a lot of sentimental value so I thought I would share it with you. My grandma gave this ring to me a few years back and although it's hard to see in the picture, it's actually carved out from a shell. There are 2 hearts in the center that overlap each other and when she gave it to me she said that just like on this ring, our hearts will always remain close together. I always thought that was the cutest thing. So even though it doesn't match a lot of things, and is a little bit too big for me, I like to wear it around the house just as a reminder that she is always going to be there for me. Whenever I put it on it reminds me of the day she gave it to me and it always brings a smile to my face.


Again I apologize for the slight blurriness of this picture, but these next 2 rings are some of my favorites!  The one on the left is an Amethyst ring I got at the beach one year and the one on the right I wear literally every single day. It's a bean shaped heart in sterling silver that literally matches everything I own. Both of these rings are so dainty and don't take away from the rest of my outfit. I don't necessarily wear them together, but I have worn one on each hand in the same outfit together before. What's special about the heart ring is that Landon actually bought the same one with me when we were shopping at a fair in our town this past spring. She recently moved away and I know I speak for all of us when I say we miss her so much, but this ring is even more special to me knowing that every day she wears the same one too! :) It makes me feel like she's a little bit closer to home each time i wear it even though she's hundreds of miles away. I think this ring is going to be one of my favorites for a while. :)


So this is just a few of my favorite rings that I have accumulated over the past couple of years. There really are no style tricks on how to wear certain rings or rules about the number of rings you can wear at a time. It's whatever you feel is right. I hope you liked my little collection, and let me know in the comments below what your favorite ring was and why! Thanks for reading and have a great day!


xoxo,


Kristin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment