Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Everyday Foundation Routine

Hey everyone! I have been using my Covergirl Natureluxe foundation for about 3 weeks now, and I have really been loving how I apply it! So today's post is dedicated to show you how I apply my foundation, and keep in mind you can totally substitute in your foundation and just follow the remaining steps. Let's get started!


Step 1: I apply my Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller underneath my eyes and moisturize my face with Jergens Natural Glow. If I have any blemishes, I will apply my Neutrogena Rapid Clear spot treatment to the problematic area.


Step 2: Next, I take my L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base and apply an even coat on my face. I suggest using a base because it really helps your makeup go on smoother, minimizes the appearence of your pores, and makes your skin feel softer!


Step 3: Using my fingers I take my Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in shade 1 and apply that under my eyes to hide my dark circles. Also, I take my Physicians Formula Concealer Twins in shade Yellow/Light  and mix the two shades on the back of my hand and apply that concealer mix to any blemishes using my fingers.


Step 4: Then, I take my Covergirl Natureluxe foundation in 310 (Flax) and put a pea sized amount to the back of my hand. Using my ring finger I dot the foundation on my cheeks, forehead, under my neck, under my eyes, and a small amount on my nose and chin. Taking my Sigma F60 Foundation brush, I blend the dotted foundation all over my face.


Step 5: I then take my Sigma F30 Powder Brush and put my Maybelline Dream Matte powder all over my face to set the foundation. Then, I take my Nars Laguna Bronzer and a Sonia Kashuk face brush. I contour my cheeks and then apply a light dusting of the bronzer to the rest of my face for a bit of color.



Step 6: For the final step, I apply a natural blush such as Ladyblush by Mac to the apples of my cheeks.


Now you're done! Even though my routine is six steps, it takes me literally 5 minutes to do in the morning. I love how the finished look is super natural, and it gives me just enough coverage to feel even more confident! Keep in mind, this is just what I do for my everyday face makeup and you can totally swap in the products that work for you. I'd love to hear what your foundation routine is in the comments below! Remember, stay classy everyone!


-Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment