Monday, April 30, 2012

DIY: Body Scrub!

Hey girls! Today I wanted to share with you a really simple, efficient body scrub recipe! I've used it before and it exfoliates gently, but not to the point where it gives you redness on your skin (and this is coming from a girl with sensitive skin!) It works well, as opposed to some other Do it yourself things that never end up working like you wanted them to. All of the ingredients are so simple I bet you have all of them-if not half-in your kitchen right now! That being said let's hop into the ingredients!
What you'll need:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons sea salt salt
2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
1/4 cup of your favorite liquid soap
And the juice from either
One lemon, one lime or
half a grapefruit


For my mixture I chose to use a lime because I feel like a lemon is too acidic on my skin. The soap I used was Kiehl's Liquid Hand Soap in Pear Tree Corner. with the ingredients you want to fist add the two sugars and the salt then gently stir them together. Next, I added the Olive Oil, soap and lime juice and mixed until smooth. I'll include some pics here and include an update later after I use it again!





The last picture is what it looks like when finished! (It looks super gross but I promise is smells and feels ah-mazing) I was scared to try it because I can't stand the smell of brown sugar but once you add the soap it smells so good! You can also add in a few drops of essential oils if you'd like!


No comments:

Post a Comment