Saturday, August 25, 2012

Selena Gomez Inspired Makeup Tutorial!

Good evening ladies!

As you can tell from the title above I am going to be doing a makeup tutorial today! YAY! This look is from a while back, but Selena looked absolutely gorgeous that night and I love the colors, so I thought it would be a fun idea to show you all a spin off of her look. She wore this beautiful, jewel toned purple dress that made her lilac smoke eye pop against the rest of her outfit. 



Here's what you'll need:
Eyes
-Some sort of primer. I used both Too faced Shadow Insurance and the NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk. Having 2 layers of primers insures that the color will stay on all day, PLUS the NYX pencil is a shiny white, which applied underneath your color, makes the shadow appear more vibrant.
-Next I applied a light lilac color (Too Faced's Cut the Cake) across my whole lid and underneath my lower lash line. I used Sigma's E55 brush which packed on the color nicely since the lilac was a little sheer. also I took the gold from a Maybelline quad in plum smokes and blended that into the lilac to give it a little bit of shimmer.
-After that just to give a little bit of dimension to the look I took a little bit of the Party girl shadow to my crease to give a little bit of a smokey effect. I also blended the violet from my lower lash line into the party girl color in my crease.
-Lastly I applied a thin line of black liner to both my upper and lower lash lines and a few coats of my go to mascara and voila! 

The eye portion of the tutorial is already done! The finished product should look something like this:



and now...ONTO THE REST OF THE FACE! 










Face: 
-The first step would be to do your everyday face routine. Your foundation/bb creme, concealer, pressed powder whatever you are most comfortable with.
-Apply a sheer pink to the apples of your cheeks. I used Nars's Mata Hari and MAC's soft and gentle highlighter as a sublet highlight.
-Feel free to contour a little bit as well if you feel necessary, but in this look contouring isn't necessary.






Lips:
-Selena paired her very intense eye with a natural lip which is nice because they balance each other out very well. I liked the pink-y nude look Selena had on that night, it seemed perfect to be worn as an everyday lip too. I used Laura Mercier's lipstick in Pink Label with a sheer layer of Hue by MAC on top.
-Top it all off with a sheer pink gloss and you are ready to go for the evening!




Here is the finished product of the lips. It's really subtle, but looks nice paired with the intense smoke eye.





And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and let me know if there are any other celebrity makeup ideas you would like for me to try in the comments below! Thanks ladies love you all, talk to you next time!
xoxo,
Kristin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment