Sunday, August 5, 2012

Marilyn Monroe Inspired Tutorial!

Hey girls! Now I don't normally post twice in a row but I wanted to get this up today! So, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in my "About Me" post, but I am a huge Marilyn Monroe fan....I'm not even sure if the word huge describes it. Basically, ever since I first truly knew who she was I loved her, many people don't realize she was an extremely talented actress and singer, and only notice her for the negatives. Today, August 5th, marks the 50th anniversary of her death and I felt that this was a good tribute. If you want to see who Marilyn really was go watch Gentleman Prefer Blondes (my personal favorite) or any other movie starring Marilyn, then decide for yourself who you think she was. But, without further ado let's jump right in!

Face: Marilyn always had a very flawless look to her skin so I applied my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light/Medium and covered my under eye circles and any blemishes with the Physician's Formula Conceal Rx. Then I lightly dusted over it with my Too Faced Amazing Faces Foundation Powder in Vanilla Creme. Next, I contoured my face with the bronzer in my Sephora Blockbuster palette (I don't normally wear bronzer so this was the only one I had!) And applied the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal to the apples of my cheeks. (Excuse the eczema on my cheeks here...darn you high def camera)

Eyes: I started out by priming my eyelids with Urban Decay Primer Potion. Then, using my Naked 2 palette I applied Half Baked all over my lid, applied Snakebite to the outer v and blended and Bootycall as a highlight. The next step is pretty important, I applied Snakebite and Tease to the crease of my eye and blended inward, Marilyn basically made the defined crease look popular so it's a must. Next, I applied Maybelline Stiletto liquid liner in Very Black to my upper lash line and winged it out, and applied Sephora eyeliner in Black to the outer half of my waterline and my tightline. Lastly I curled my lashes and applied Mac Zoomlash to my upper and lower lashes.

Lips: Obviously, I think it goes without saying, red lips. I personally can't rock a nice, dark, red lip so for a more subtle look I put Mabelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me all over my lips and applied a Liplicious Lip Gloss in Cherry Gelato on top. For a more dramatic look I recommend a classic red, such as Mac's Mac Red or Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Vesuvio, both are really classic red lipstick colors.

***Please note: No, we are NOT adding in a mole with eye/lip liner. That looks cheesy and obviously fake and you will look a little weird wearing a fake mole...

Hair: Marilyn always wore her hair in a short, pinned up, curled style. Now, that is a bit outdated to to modernize it we will just have curls. I slept with Style Stix 1/2 inch curlers in to give it a more natural look and took them out when I woke up. But if you don't have a full night you can give yourself some looser curls using a wide curling iron or wand, or using a smaller one and combing them out afterwards.

I hope you liked reading this tutorial as much as I enjoyed making it! Talk you you guys soon!

Xoxo
Audrey
"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul." -Marilyn Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment