Monday, August 20, 2012

OOTD/FOTD: My Cousin's Sweet Sixteen!

Hey girls! Today's post is going to be an Outfit of the Day/Face of the Day post of my outfit and makeup for my cousin's Sweet 16 party! I'm writing this after because I just didn't have enough time beforehand. I was babysitting and then had to rush and get ready in time! Plus it took me a little over an hour to straighten my hair because I wanted every little bump out (big mistake). So without further ado, let's get started!

Dress & Shoes: Both my dress and shoes were purchased at a local boutique that I am going to choose not to mention the name of for privacy, but both I'm sure you could find close matches too almost anywhere! My dress was a royal blue lace body con dress, I had to wear blue because I was in her "court" and that was the color we had to wear! I fell in love with this dress the minute I tried it on, it fit just perfectly like it was made for me. The shoes were just a pair of black patent leather pumps, but they weren't that high because I wanted to make sure I could still walk and dance in them with ease (even thought they were off most of the night) The pictures included were taken at the party because, again, I was rushing and didn't have time for pictures!












Jewelry: I just wore some simple silver jewelry to compliment my dress.
~Earrings-I wore my pearl earrings, just in my first hole because I couldn't find any good combinations to wear in my other ones.
~Necklace-I had on a silver interlocking heart necklace that my older sister gave to me last Christmas.
~Rings-On my right middle finger I wore a heart/knot necklace that Kristin gave to me and I did mix metals here, on my left middle finger I wore my gold crucifix ring that I wear every single day, so it was an exception :)
~Bracelet-On my left hand (I only wear big bracelets on my left hand because I'm a righty and hate if I have a bracelet clanking around while I'm trying to do something) I wore my silver Tiffany and Co. Return to Tiffany Oval Tag Bracelet

Makeup: I went for a neutral look so my makeup didn't overpower my outfit.
~Face-I used my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light/Medium, Physicians Formula Conceal Rx in Fair/Light and Too Faced Amazing Faces powder in Vanilla Cream. For blush I used Benfit's Bella Bamba Boxed Powder.
~Eyes-I used my Naked 2 palette and applied Half Baked to my whole lid, YDK in the crease and Snakebite to the outer corner/outer v. I applied Mac Zoomlash mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
~Lips-I put on the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart/Valentine and Nars Sweet Revenge Lip gloss on top.
I don't have pictures of my face, again, in the sake of time, but if you check out my Marilyn Monroe tutorial the eyes are almost the same just a little toned down and no eyeliner. :)

Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to share our blog with your friends! I love you guys!
Xoxo
Audrey :)
"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment