Sunday, May 27, 2012

Review: Mane and Tail

Hey girls! Today I just wanted to do a review of the Mane and Tail Shampoo and the Mane and Tail Moisturizing Texturizing Conditioner. Before I start to go into details I just want to put it out there that I've yet to finish the bottles and you'll see why later on.

While it did make my hair grow faster it did nothing to repair my hair; if anything it made my hair more damaged than before. I have terrible split ends to the point where if I needed them cut off I could have to get a buzz cut or something, it's horrendous. I have very thick, frizzy, coarse and dry hair which is never moisturized enough and extremely hard to style. I don't know why my spilt ends are so bad because I make sure to always use a heat protectant and go extra miles to keep it looking healthy but it never does. After reading reviews online I thought it was going to be a moisturizing set and help my hair get shine and repair.

Shampoo: I'm pretty sure this made my hair drier than it was initially and it completely stripped it of any good oils or shine. Even my sister (who has straight oily hair-the total opposite of mine) used it and asked me why I kept on using it as it even dried out her hair. It promised to increase hair growth which I guess it did, but as I have long hair to begin with I didn't notice a big gain.

Conditioner: I used significantly more of this than the shampoo and I'm actually almost finished with it, but it's not because I loved it or anything. I needed to use so much of it because the shampoo was so drying. I didn't like the consistency at all, it was runny and didn't stay on my hair well, it seemed to slid of a lot. Even thought I used a good amount of it each time I still needed to use a deep conditioner than I usually did.

Overall I'm not going to finish these bottles and I'll most likely end up throwing them away because I'm not going to give them to anyone-they'll probably hate me. I will definitely not be repurchasing ever and my only saving grace was my Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm, which I use as a deep conditioner. If I didn't use that I don't know where my hair would be right now. Oh well, you win some you lose some, so I'm off to find a new shampoo and conditioner.

Xoxo Audrey :)
"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all." -Audrey Hepburn


No comments:

Post a Comment