Friday, November 23, 2012

October Favorites

Well hello there ladies!
It's scary to read October favorites as a title when October seems like it happened ages ago. It's embarrassing that I am posting this late, but with school work and 2 shows that I'm in the middle of, I've barely even had time to sleep! But since we have a few days off for the holiday I figured it would be better to post this really late rather than not at all. So on with the October favorites! 


This month was a very special month for me because it was my birthday! I had a party with some of my closest friends and family and it was by far the most amazing day of my entire life. And all of your favorite sparkly little secret members were right there along side me too! I seriously have some of the most amazing friends, they made me feel so beautiful and happy on that night and having them there really made me realize how awesome of a life I have. And the gifts these people got me were absolutely INSANE. They were way too generous and amazing, especially ones from the SLS crew. You guys spoiled me that's for sure! A lot of the gifts I received I have been using non stop this month so they will definitely be included in my favorites post. 


Makeup:

I went a little makeup crazy during the past month you guys. I got a lot of makeup as gifts, but also had a little too much fun online at Sephora and spent a way too much money. But all of these things have been on my list for a while now I promise it wasn't one giant 'in the moment' splurge.

One thing I have really been loving lately is lipstick. I can't seem to get enough. My new favorites for this month have been Nars Beautiful Liar, YSL Volupté sheer candy in number 4, Mac's Lustre lipstick in Viva Glam 5 and my favorite of them all, Kate Spade's Supercalifragilipsitck in the color Pop Art Pink, which was a gift from Audrey.(pictured above, swatched on the right in the same order). All of these colors are very unique, and very wearable. The YSL and the Kate Spade lipsticks are more vibrant and are great if you want to add a pop of color to your look. The other two are great for everyday wear, and I can't wait to get more use out of them all as the year progresses!

My next 2 favorites are something that I have been using constantly for the past 3 months. That is the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and the secret concealer. I swear to you the secret concealer is my new holy grail concealer. It completely covers my dark circles under my eyes and any correction spots I need to hide on my face. And the tinted moisturizer has just the right amount of color and weight to it. It gives the color payoff of a foundation while still being light and easily applicable. I wear this everyday and I already need to get a new concealer! I go through it so quickly. I recommend these 2 face products to EVERYONE because it really makes my face look more flawless then it actually is...and who doesn't want to look flawless? ;) 

For eyes I have been loving the Nars soft touch shadow pencil in Goddess and the Mac fabulousness holiday palette. The Nars pencil was part of my gift that Francesca gave me for my birthday! She knows me so well <3 I love using the shadow pencil as a base for the colors in the mac palette. 


First of all...how exciting is it that for Mac's holiday collection they created numerous beautiful palettes? I started freaking out. The colors in this specific palette are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and they make my eyes look really blue! From left to right the colors are called blonde mink, magical mist, burn, enviable, and smut. Blonde Mink, Magical Mist, and Enviable are all shimmery and I am absolutely in love with this palette. Its a limited edition holiday palette so grab it while you still can! 


My favorite scent this month has been the Prada Candy perfume. It literally smells like heaven and I have already used so much of it. I may be asking for another one for Christmas. It's my go to scent for any season (I have been looking at the perfume for a while) and I feel like it isn't too heavy to wear in the summer or too light for the winter. It's a little on the pricey side, but well worth the cost because both the scent and the bottle are beautiful!





These BCBG bracelets have been all the rage in my town and I can't seem to get enough of them! They're so fun to layer and the inspirational words on them just make me smile <3 They range anywhere from $12-$18 so they're fun and affordable and a great way to add a little color to your outfit.






Another favorite I have been having this month are these gorgeous Steve madden flats. I know they aren't everybody's cup of tea, but I think they're a fun, BRIGHT (to say the least) pop of color to add to any outfit. Wow I have been saying that so much in this post....I really like adding pops of color to outfits because in the fall not many people are wearing bright neon shirts or dresses its more natural colors with subtle hints of color here and there. That's why I love fall, because it allows you to experiment with different pops of color. These shoes will honestly match anything you decide to wear because...well...it has every color in the rainbow in it! 

Non-beauty favorites:

Tangled has been my favorite movie since it came out and I constantly watch it whenever I'm sick or feeling down. I know it's silly that I love a little kids movie, but any Disney movie is automatically a classic....and I love Rapunzel because her songs are just amazing. This movie makes me cry every time I watch it!


Another thing that I had constantly been reaching for in October was the Special K chocolate pretzel bars. They taste AMAZING and the little pretzel bites made it taste like you were actually eating chocolate covered pretzels (which are my personally favorite). And for 90 calories a bar, you can afford eating more then one a day ;) I know that's what I did!





I hope you all enjoyed my october favorites and again I apologize for me not posting in such a long time. My fall play at my school is happening next week and after that I'll be doing CAMP ROCK the musical in a nearby town theater. Once those shows end I will have MUCH more time to post more secrets for you all. In fact, stay tuned later this week for some great holiday gifts to give your friends or stocking stuffers for your family! Thanks for reading and I will talk to you all soon!

xoxo~
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. isn't it fabulous?! I want to go back and buy more if there's any left! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete