Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Emma Stone Inspired Makeup! The Cover of Teen Vogue

Hi girlies!  So I was digging through my old issues of Teen Vogue and found an old one from last September.  I know, I know, it's a little late... but Emma looked so stunning on the cover!  I knew right away I had to figure a way to recreate this look.  I immediately flipped to the Cover Look page and saw that for her makeup she used mostly Chanel, which is on the pricier side.  So I decided, why not do this look for less? All of the products I am using I highly recommend and I use them on a daily basis.  This look is perfect for fall and I'm so glad I found my magazine... no matter how old it is!  This look is timeless and I know I will be wearing it all through fall.



For eyes, you always need to start off with a good primer.  I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid to prevent any creasing and make my makeup last longer.  Then, using my Wet and Wild ColorIcon Trio in Knock On Wood (this is only a few dollars at any drugstore), I applied the 'Browbone' color all over my lid, not bringing it up past the crease.  Then, I took the 'Crease' color and applied it very lightly to the outer V of my eye, and smudging a little onto my upper lash line.  Finally, I applied the 'Eyelid' color to the very outer corner and smudged it all along my entire lower lash line.  Next, I applied a thin line of my bareMinerals eyeliner in Espresso to my upper lash line and outer half of my waterline.  To finish off the look, I curled my lashes and applied one coat of my Maybelline Falsies Mascara to my top and bottom lashes.

For cheeks, Emma had a light mango flush.  To achieve this, I applied two small dots of Cha Cha Tint by benefit very lightly on the apples of my cheeks and blended it in.

For lips, Emma had the same mango color, so I also applied my Cha Cha Tint but I applied a clear gloss on top.



And there you have it!  Check out the picture below to see how much money we saved by using Chanel alternatives... (if you need to, click the picture to make it bigger).

xoxo Francesca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment