Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Trend Alert! Ombre Lips

          Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday! I thought I'd share with you all a new trend for spring... Ombre Lips! Ombre Lips are a unique trick that can make you're lips appear fuller! I guarantee you will get compliments on this look.  All you need to do is start off with a dark color of gloss or lipstick and apply it to the center of your lips. Then, using a lighter color, fill in the rest of your lips. Make sure to blend! But don't over-blend or the ombre effect will disappear.


          My favorite way to wear an Ombre Lip is using lipstick. It's definitely a bold look, so I keep the rest of my makeup minimal. In this picture, I applied a Revlon Lip Butter in the shade '075 Lollipop' to the center of my lips where it's darker.  This particular Lip Butter is very pigmented.  It's a hot pink shade with a hint of purple and sparkle! Next I applied a Bloom Lipstick in the shade 'Princess,' which is a light pink shade, to the outer corners.  You can find the Lip Butters at Target, Walmart, or any drugstore near you!  And you can find the Bloom lipstick here.

          For those of you not daring enough to wear such a bold look, there are other options!  You can easily create an Ombre Lip using lipgloss!  For a nude look like this one, start off with a beige-nude shade and apply it to the outer corners of your lips.  I used the Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in the shade 'After Hours.'  Then, apply a brighter shade to the center of your lips.  I used a Cosmoholic Liquid Lipstick in 'Promiscuous Pink' which is a beautiful pink.  The Laura Mercier gloss on my lips in this picture has been discontinued, but an almost exact dupe is Laura Mercier's Lip Glacé in Opal which you can find here.  The Cosmoholic Liquid Lipstick can be found here.

          If you try out this look I'd love to hear about it!  Post a picture or a comment letting me know what products you used and if you got any compliments!

xoxo Francesca :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Will have to try it out :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If you recreate this look we'd LOVE to see a pic! I bet you'll look fabulous :)

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to let you guys know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! I love your blog!
    http://sarahsloveaffair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete