Monday, April 16, 2012

My Thoughts: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation


        Maybelline describes their foundation as a "Revolutionary air-soft mousse provides perfecting coverage..." and it does just that.  This foundation is very light weight and when applied correctly, gives skin a flawless finish.  It blends easily and gives great coverage without looking cakey.  If applied incorrectly, (such as too much product on one section of your face,) it can give a cakey effect, so be sure to blend and start off with just a little bit!  This foundation doesn't weigh down my skin or make me feel like I have too much product on my face.  It doesn't break me out at all and it is my go-to foundation.  While there is a large range of colors, I had a hard time finding one that matched me. You will probably encounter this problem with any drugstore foundation because you can't try it on. I ended up getting shades 1 and 2 and I mix them on the back of my hand before applying to my face using my fingers.
        As amazing as this product is, there are a few cons.  This foundation lasts on my skin all day (with a primer), however even though it is suited for oily skin types, it doesn't help control the shine.  I find myself having to powder or blot my face throughout the day.  Also, if too much is applied, it can appear cakey so use a light hand!  Other than that, there isn't much I can say bad about this product!

Overall, I would recommend this product to people with combination skin types or people with oily skin who don't mind having to blot every once in a while.  I wouldn't suggest people with dry skin buy this because it may appear cakey.  It is an amazing product and so affordable that you should try it out!  I'm sure you will love it!

- Francesca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment